- 500 gm Jap pumpkin, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 qty <a href="http://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/pizza-dough.htm">pizza dough</a>
- 200 gm taleggio, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 50 gm wild rocket
Garlic and chilli oil
- 125 ml (½ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1Cut pumpkin into 5mm wedges and place in a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast at 200C for 15 minutes or until tender.
- 2For garlic and chilli oil, combine oil and garlic in a small saucepan, place over medium heat and cook for 3-4 minutes or until garlic is golden, then add chilli and remove from heat. Stand until cool.
- 3On a lightly floured work surface roll out a quarter of the dough to a 25cm round. Place a quarter of the taleggio evenly over base, top with a quarter of the pumpkin, scatter with 1 tsp thyme, season to taste, and cook on a preheated pizza stone (see note) or heavy oven tray at 250C for 10 minutes or until golden. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Top with wild rocket, drizzle with garlic and chilli oil and serve immediately.
Note Pizza stones, which ensure crisp-based pizza, are available from Italian delicatessens and food stores.
This recipe is from the May 2006 issue of Australian Gourmet Traveller.