- 3 purple carrots, scrubbed and thinly sliced lengthways using a mandolin (see note)
- 2 large beetroots, peeled and thinly sliced using a mandolin
- 1 bunch of baby or golden baby beetroot, scrubbed, halved lengthways, leaves reserved
- 1 small Spanish onion, thinly sliced using a mandolin
Dill seed dressing
- 2 tsp dill seeds
- 1 tsp white peppercorns
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 70 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped dill
- 1For dressing, dry-roast spices and 2 tsp sea salt in a pan over medium-high heat until fragrant, transfer to a mortar and, using a pestle, coarsely crush. Transfer to a bowl. Add garlic and vinegar and combine. Add oil in a steady stream and whisk until emulsified, stir in dill.
- 2Arrange vegetables and leaves on a platter, drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
Note Purple carrots are available from specialist greengrocers. If unavailable, substitute with baby or regular carrots.
Drink Suggestion: Crisp cold pilsner. Drink suggestion by Max Allen