Masses of fresh herbs and our lemony dressing make this salad a great accompaniment to whole roast fish or barbecued prawns.
- 350 gm long-grain white rice
- 150 gm each sugar snap peas and baby beans, trimmed and halved
- 8 zucchini flowers, baby zucchini thinly sliced, flowers coarsely torn
- 1½ tbsp each lemon juice and white wine vinegar
- 2 golden shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup each coarsely chopped mint and flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped dill
- 1Cook rice in a saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender (12-15 minutes), drain, rinse under cold running water and drain well.
- 2Meanwhile, blanch peas and beans in boiling salted water until just tender (1-2 minutes), adding baby zucchini for the last 30 seconds of cooking. Drain, refresh, drain well and set aside.
- 3Combine lemon juice, vinegar, shallot and garlic in a small bowl and stand until shallot softens (1 minute), then add oil and season to taste.
- 4Combine rice, vegetables, zucchini flowers and herbs in a large bowl, season to taste, add shallot mixture and toss lightly to combine, then serve.
This recipe is from the March 2013 issue of .