This lovely salad is a fine way to use leftover roast chicken. Serve the meat cold or warm it up - either way it's delicious.
- 35 gm walnuts (1/3 cup)
- 5 cornichons, thinly sliced
- 1 head radicchio, leaves separated and torn
- ¼ peeled celeriac (about 250gm), cut into matchsticks
- ½ roast chicken, meat removed from the bone and cut into bite-sized pieces
Pink grapefruit dressing
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Roast walnuts on a baking tray until golden (10-12 minutes). Cool, then coarsely chop.
- 2Meanwhile, for dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl to combine and season to taste.
- 3Combine remaining ingredients and walnuts in a large bowl, drizzle with dressing, toss lightly to combine, season to taste and serve.
Drink Suggestion: Crisp, crunchy vermentino Drink suggestion by Max Allen