- 2 lemons (juice only) and finely grated rind of ½ lemon
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil (¼ cup)
- 1 celery heart with leaves, thinly sliced diagonally
- 60 gm wild rocket
- 1 cup coarsely torn flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 50 gm baby green beans, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tbsp salted baby capers, rinsed
- 100 gm sea urchin roe (see note)
- 50 gm very finely shaved Sardinian bottarga (see note) (about 1 cup)
- To serve: crusty bread
- 1Whisk lemon juice and oil in a small bowl to combine and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Combine remaining ingredients, except sea urchin and bottarga, in a bowl, drizzle dressing over, toss to combine, add sea urchin, gently toss to combine and season to taste.
- 3To serve, divide salad among shallow bowls, scatter bottarga over and serve immediately with crusty bread to the side.
Sea urchin roe is available from specialist seafood suppliers. Bottarga – salted, dried and pressed mullet roe – is available from specialist seafood suppliers, Italian delicatessens and David Jones Foodhalls. Sardinian bottarga is of a higher quality. If unavailable, substitute with any other bottarga.
Drink Suggestion: Italian vermentino. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsThe best places to visit in Queenstown, New ZealandYesterday 2:30am