This simple recipe is full of big, bold flavours. Briny and zesty, it will transport you straight to the Mediterranean.
- 400 gm dried spaghettini
- Juice of 3 lemons, finely grated rind of 2
- 200 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 25 gm bottarga, finely grated (see note)
- ¼ cup (firmly packed) flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente (7-10 minutes). Drain, reserving 2 tbsp cooking water. Return pasta and reserved cooking water to pan. Add remaining ingredients, season generously, toss well to combine and serve hot.
Note Bottarga is salted and dried mullet roe. It's available from select fishmongers, delicatessens and David Jones food halls.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm