- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, toasted
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- ½ tsp fennel seeds, toasted
- 100 ml camellia (see note) or vegetable oil
- 320 gm unpeeled peanuts (2 cups)
- 120 gm popcorn kernels (½ cup)
- 1Combine spice seeds in a mortar and, using a pestle, grind to a fine powder.
- 2Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add peanuts and corn kernels and cook, covered, shaking occasionally, for 5 minutes or until peanuts are golden and corn has popped. Remove from heat, add spice mixture, season to taste with sea salt and cayenne pepper and toss to combine. Cool completely and serve. Popcorn will keep for up to 1 week stored in an airtight container.
Note Camellia oil, also called tea oil, is pressed from the seeds of Camellia oleifera. It has a smoky flavour and is available from speciality food stores.