With peach and nectarine season in full swing, you don't need much more than a little sugar to really make the fruit sing. The labne needs to be started a day ahead.
- 3 white or yellow peaches, cut into wedges
- 3 white or yellow nectarines, cut into wedges
- 4 apricots, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- To serve: coarsely torn mint
- To serve: toasted sesame seeds
- 800 gm Greek-style yoghurt
- 60 gm brown sugar (¼ cup)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1For labne, in a fine sieve lined with muslin over a bowl, layer a quarter each of yoghurt, sugar and tahini, and repeat so you have 4 layers of each. Cover and refrigerate overnight to drain.
- 2Combine fruit in a bowl with sugar, vanilla seeds and lemon juice, then refrigerate for 30 minutes for flavours to develop. To serve, top with tahini labne, and scatter with mint and sesame seeds.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am