With peach and nectarine season in full swing, you don't need much more than a little sugar to really make the fruit sing. The labne needs to be started a day ahead.
- 3 white or yellow peaches, cut into wedges
- 3 white or yellow nectarines, cut into wedges
- 4 apricots, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- To serve: coarsely torn mint
- To serve: toasted sesame seeds
- 800 gm Greek-style yoghurt
- 60 gm brown sugar (¼ cup)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1For labne, in a fine sieve lined with muslin over a bowl, layer a quarter each of yoghurt, sugar and tahini, and repeat so you have 4 layers of each. Cover and refrigerate overnight to drain.
- 2Combine fruit in a bowl with sugar, vanilla seeds and lemon juice, then refrigerate for 30 minutes for flavours to develop. To serve, top with tahini labne, and scatter with mint and sesame seeds.