Serves 4 as part of a Greek seafood mezedes plate.
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1/8 tsp each celery seeds (see note), dried oregano, quatre èpices (see note) and dried mint
- 80 ml extra-virgin olive oil (1/3 cup)
- 500 gm piece swordfish, cut into 5cm cubes
- For cooking: wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes and drained
- 400 gm watermelon, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups watercress sprigs
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil (¼ cup)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1Combine herbs and spices in a mortar and, using a pestle, pound until coarsely ground. Transfer to a large bowl, add olive oil and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Combine mixture well.
- 2Thread skewers with 3 cubes of swordfish and, using your hands, rub with spice mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 3Heat a barbecue or chargrill to medium heat, cook swordfish for 8-10 minutes, turning once or until golden and cooked through.
- 4For watermelon salad, combine watermelon, onion and watercress in a large bowl, drizzle with combined oil and vinegar, season to taste and serve immediately with swordfish.