For a showstopping fruit salad, set the jelly in a large serving dish instead and spoon diced fruit on top. You'll need to reduce gelatine to 3½ leaves in this case.
- 4½ titanium-strength gelatine leaves
- 1 litre coconut cream
- 220 gm (1 cup) caster sugar
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tbsp finely shredded mint leaves
- 2 star fruit, sliced
- 1 large mango, cut into wedges
- ½ papaya, cut into wedges
- 1 small pineapple, sliced
- 1 young coconut, flesh removed
- 1To make jelly, soak gelatine leaves in a large bowl of cold water until softened (5 minutes). Combine half the coconut cream and half the sugar in a saucepan over low heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Bring to a simmer then add the squeezed gelatine and mix well. Stir in half the zest and juice and remaining coconut cream, then pour into a 1-litre capacity shallow tray and transfer to the fridge until set (4 hours).
- 2Meanwhile, to make syrup, combine remaining sugar, 125ml (½ cup) water and ginger in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and add remaining lime zest and juice. Transfer to the fridge to chill (30 minutes), then stir in mint.
- 3Arrange fruit and coconut in serving bowls. Inverting jelly onto a board; cut into 2cm pieces and scatter over fruit. Drizzle over ginger syrup to serve.