Goat's cheese and watermelon make a perfect pairing, much like the watermelon and haloumi or feta combination, except creamier.
- 550 gm chilled watermelon, thinly sliced and cut into rough triangles
- 150 gm soft goat’s cheese
- 2 each watermelon radishes and red radishes, thinly shaved on a mandolin
- 2 red shallots, thinly shaved on a mandolin
- 1 cup each coarsely torn mint and basil cress
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) verjuice
- 2½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Arrange watermelon on a platter, dot with small spoonfuls of goat’s cheese and scatter with radish, shallot and herbs.
- 2For verjuice dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl, season to taste, then drizzle over watermelon salad and serve.