This pretty pink salad is perfect at any time of the day. Try it at your next weekend breakfast.
- 400 gm watermelon
- 300 gm strawberries
- 125 gm raspberries
- 16 lychees
Strawberry and black pepper granita
- 220 gm caster sugar (1 cup)
- 500 gm strawberries, hulled
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp finely crushed black peppercorns
- 1For the granita, place sugar and 250ml water in a small saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve sugar, then refrigerate to cool. Process sugar syrup, strawberries and lemon juice in a blender or food processor, then strain through a fine sieve. Stir in peppercorns, pour into a shallow baking tray and freeze, scraping hourly to form crystals, until frozen (6 hours).
- 2Scoop balls from watermelon with a melon-baller, then combine with strawberries, raspberries and lychees in a bowl, stir in 2 tbsp granita, then refrigerate for flavours to develop (10 minutes). Serve salad topped with granita.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am