When fish is as fresh as can be, it needs very little fussing over. Use whatever whole fish looks the freshest on the day - ours was a snapper. We've kept it super-simple, stuffing it with lemon and spring onion to infuse flavour from the inside out.
- 1 snapper (about 2kg), skin slashed in several places)
- 1 lemon, thickly sliced, plus extra wedges, to serve
- 4 spring onions, coarsely chopped
- For drizzling: olive oil
- 1Heat a barbecue to medium-high heat. Stuff the cavity of the fish with lemon and spring onion and season to taste. Drizzle fish with oil, season generously, then barbecue, turning once, until golden and just cooked through (15-20 minutes). Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Drink Suggestion: Dry white vermentino or a sémillon-sauvignon blanc blend Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm