- 1 head of garlic
- 400 gm can whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 qty <a href="http://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/pizza-dough.htm">pizza dough</a>
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 12 white anchovies
- 150 gm smoked mozzarella, coarsely chopped
- To serve: lemon wedges
- 1Wrap garlic tightly in foil and roast at 200C for 20 minutes or until soft. When cool enough to handle, squeeze cloves from their skins.
- 2Using your hands, squeeze tomatoes to remove seeds and liquid, then place tomatoes in a single layer on absorbent paper to blot excess liquid, then thickly slice.
- 3On a lightly floured work surface roll out a quarter of the dough to a 25cm round. Scatter with a quarter of the tomato, zucchini, garlic, anchovies and mozzarella. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook on a preheated pizza stone (see note) or heavy oven tray at 250C for 10 minutes or until golden. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Season to taste and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Note Pizza stones, which ensure crisp-based pizza, are available from Italian delicatessens and food stores.
This recipe is from the May 2006 issue of Australian Gourmet Traveller.