Recipe shown with <a href="/falsomagro.htm">stuffed Sicilian beef roll</a>.
- 1 large fennel bulb, fronds reserved and finely sliced
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 40 gm (½ cup) finely grated parmesan
- 1Halve fennel lengthways and cut each half into 6 wedges, keeping core intact. Blanch in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender (12-15 minutes). Drain and cool.
- 2Preheat oven to 200C. Lay fennel pieces in a single layer on a baking paper-lined oven tray. Combine olive oil and garlic, pour over fennel, and scatter evenly with parmesan and reserved fennel fronds. Bake until golden and tender (20-25 minutes) and serve immediately.