“Strawberries go well with basil, and the rosewater (in the Turkish delight) enhances the flavour of strawberry, so it all makes perfect sense.”
- 400 gm strawberries, quartered
- 120 gm rosewater-flavoured Turkish delight, coarsely chopped
- To taste: cardamom seeds and rosewater
- 400 gm good-quality vanilla ice-cream
- 300 ml milk, chilled
- 5 cups basil (about 4 bunches) (firmly packed)
- Juice of 4 lemons
- 50 gm caster sugar
- 1Combine strawberries, Turkish delight, cardamom and rosewater in a small bowl, toss to combine and set aside.
- 2For basil smoothie, blend ingredients in a blender until smooth, pass through a fine sieve and serve immediately with strawberries and Turkish delight.
This recipe is from the February 2011 issue of .