- 4 racks lamb breast (350gm-400gm each)
- 700 ml lager
- 150 gm yellow miso paste (also called white or shiro miso)
- 100 gm caster (superfine) sugar
- To serve: radishes, quartered, cucumber, quartered and cut into pieces, ginger and garlic
- 1Preheat a combination oven with a steam function to 100°C and 100% steam. Place the ribs on steamer trays and cook for 2 hours. Remove from oven and leave to cool. You could also do this in a large stovetop steamer for the same amount of time.
- 2With a sharp, heavy knife or a cleaver, slice between each rib so you get single, finger-friendly portions. Place these in a non-reactive dish.
- 3For miso marinade, whisk the beer, miso paste and sugar in a large mixing bowl until combined, then pour mixture all over the lamb ribs and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate to marinate for 24 hours.
- 4Preheat the oven to 200°C and place the marinated lamb ribs on lined baking trays. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until a golden crust forms over the ribs.
- 5Serve immediately with some radish and cucumber and a little ginger and garlic microplaned over the top.