Hiramasa kingfish can be replaced with gill-bled wild silver trevally, bonito or tuna. You could omit the fish and dress the salad with shaved Grana Padano.
- 2 baby fennel bulbs
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp ouzo, or to taste
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 200 gm sashimi-grade hiramasa kingfish fillet
- 1Shave fennel bulbs on a mandolin into a bowl. Dress fennel with lemon juice, oil and ouzo. Add parsley, season to taste, transfer to a plate. Thinly slice kingfish across the grain, toss and dress in a bowl with chive flowers and salmon or ocean trout roe, if desired. Arrange on top of fennel, serve immediately.
Drink Suggestion: The lemony cut of a young Portuguese white such as a Vinho Verde. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am