- 80 ml (1/3 cup) canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 260 gm snake beans, thinly sliced
- 200 gm baby corn, thinly sliced
- 1 kg (8 cups) cooked white or brown jasmine rice (see note)
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 handful bean sprouts
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced diagonally
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1Heat oil in a large wok over high heat until smoking hot, crack in eggs and stir continuously so they break up and cook evenly (1 minute). Add vegetables, stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add rice and stir, toss and squish with your spoon to separate the grains; adjust heat while you cook so rice doesn't burn. Season with sauces and salt to taste, continue to toss and stir until rice is completely separated and the aroma of toasted rice fills the room (3-4 minutes). Serve with bean sprouts, cucumber and lime wedges.
Note To make 1kg cooked rice, bring 600gm (3 cups) jasmine rice and 3 cups water to the boil in a covered saucepan over high heat. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer rice to a bowl to cool. If you're making fried rice the same day, transfer rice to trays lined with baking paper and refrigerate to chill for 2-3 hours before frying.