“You could prepare all the dishes on this menu and share them with your friends, or you could eat just these beans for breakfast or lunch. Beautiful.” You’ll need to begin this recipe a day ahead.
- 500 gm dried cannellini beans, soaked overnight in cold water
- 400 gm canned peeled tomatoes
- 250 ml chicken stock (1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 flat-leaf parsley stalks
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- Pinch of dried oregano
- 1Drain cannellini beans and rinse well under cold running water. Combine in a saucepan with plenty of cold water, bring to the boil and cook over medium-high heat until almost cooked through (20-30 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180C. Drain beans, combine in a roasting pan with remaining ingredients and bake, uncovered, until tender (45 minutes-1 hour). Season to taste and serve hot.