- 150 ml grapeseed oil
- 50 ml cabernet vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, peeled, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 telegraph cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 100 gm salted baby capers, soaked in cold water and drained
- 150 gm anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 24 garfish fillets, skin on, scaled and pin boned (about 180gm each)
- 100 gm butter, softened
- 1Preheat grill on high heat. Whisk grapeseed oil, vinegar and parsley in a bowl and season to taste with sea salt and ground black pepper.
- 2Combine tomato, cucumber, onion, capers and anchovy in a bowl and stir in dressing.
- 3Brush garfish fillets on both sides with butter, season and place skin-side down on an oven tray. Grill on a low shelf for 2 minutes. Divide fish between plates, spoon over salsa and serve immediately.
Drink Suggestion: Bone-dry fino sherry.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm