- 250 gm caster sugar
- 8 dried figs
- 1 loaf walnut sourdough, cut into 1.5cm thick slices and toasted
- To serve: fig conserve (see note)
- 8 slices Heidi Raclette (about 100gm each)
- 32 walnut halves
- To serve: chestnut flower honey
- 1Combine sugar and 2 cups of water in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil and add figs. Remove from heat and stand for at least 1 hour to macerate.
- 2Preheat grill to highest setting. Top each slice of walnut toast with a slice of Raclette, place under grill and cook for 3 minutes or until cheese melts and becomes golden. Top with fig conserve, figs and walnuts, drizzle with honey and serve immediately.
Note Good-quality fig conserve is available from Simon Johnson or other specialty stores.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMargaret River travel guide: the best places to eatYesterday 10:48pm