"Persimmon is very much an autumn thing that I grew up with," says chef Tetsuya Wakuda. "With white sesame paste and tofu, you'll be surprised at how delicious this is."
- 3 ripe but firm persimmons (fuyu), cut into small cubes
- Arils from ½ pomegranate
- 250 gm silken-pressed (momen) tofu
- 40 gm sesame paste, such as tahini
- 15 gm white (shiro) miso
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp caster sugar
- 1Place persimmons in a bowl and season lightly with salt flakes. Set aside.
- 2For tofu-sesame cream, blend ingredients with a hand-held or upright blender until smooth and a thick cream consistency (thin with a little water if necessary). Season to taste.
- 3Pat persimmons dry with paper towel and pile onto a serving plate. Spoon over tofu-sesame cream and scatter with pomegranate to serve.
Wine suggestion 2018 Domaine Giachino Monfarina Jacquère from Savoie, France. Drink suggestion by Fabio Danzi.