"This goes just as well with the fish as it does the pork," says Robertson.
- 1 ruby grapefruit
- ½ small red cabbage, thinly sliced on mandolin
- 1 small jicama (300gm), peeled, quartered and thinly sliced on a mandolin (see note)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ pickled chilli (see note above), thinly sliced
- Handful each of mint and coriander leaves, torn
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1Cut grapefruit in half, squeeze one half, peel and roughly dice the other half. Combine in a
bowl with cabbage, jicama, spring onion, pickled chilli and herbs.
- 2Whisk together grapefruit juice, olive oil, soy sauce and honey in a bowl. Season to taste, drizzle onto salad, toss to combine and serve.
Note Jicama, also called yam bean, is available from select supermarkets and Asian greengrocers.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm