At Stokehouse, this dish is served with thin crisp grissini for extra texture – feel free to make your own from a favourite recipe or pick up a packet of high-quality shop-bought ones.
- 50 gm flaked almonds
- 2 peaches, diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 golden shallot, finely chopped
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 2 tsp lemon juice, or to taste
- 12 thin prosciutto slices, at room temperature
- To serve: basil leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Spread almonds on an oven tray and roast, stirring occasionally, until golden (3-5 minutes). Cool, then combine in a bowl with peach, shallot, olive oil and lemon juice, season to taste and set aside.
- 2Arrange prosciutto slices on serving plates, spoon over peach and almond salsa, scatter with basil, season to taste and serve drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil.
This recipe is from the January 2011 issue of .
Drink Suggestion: 2009 Dominique Portet Rosé, Yarra Valley, Vic Drink suggestion by Lincoln Riley