- 2 lemons, cut into quarters, plus extra sliced to garnish
- 1 orange, cut into quarters, plus extra sliced to garnish
- 400 ml fino Sherry
- 80 ml sugar syrup (see note)
- 10 dashes of orange bitters
- 1In a jug muddle pineapple, lemons and orange with the base of a wine bottle or a muddle stick to just release the juice and aromatic oil of the citrus. Do not overdo it or you’ll release bitter notes; 3-4 good presses should be enough. Wrap 3 handfuls of ice a clean tea towel and on a steady surface crush 5-6 times with a rolling pin, then transfer to a 1-litre serving jug. Add Sherry, sugar syrup and orange bitters, then add more ice and garnish with lemon and orange slices.