- 300 gm baby beans, trimmed
- 300 gm roman beans, cut into 10cm lengths
- 200 gm firm ricotta, coarsely crumbled
- 1/3 cup oregano (loosely packed)
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 800 gm canned cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1For tomato sauce, heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, add onion, garlic and chilli and sauté until tender (7-8 minutes). Add spices, sauté until fragrant (1-2 minutes), add tomato and simmer until thick (10-15 minutes). Add sugar, season to taste and keep warm.
- 2Blanch beans until just tender (2-3 minutes), drain, add to tomato sauce, stir to coat. Just before serving, add ricotta and oregano, stir to coat, season to taste and serve hot.
This recipe is from the December 2010 issue of .