"This dish is really dependent on the most beautiful tomatoes," says Abboud. "Shanklish is a firm salty cheese with herbs; it's similar to feta."
- 500 gm assorted tomatoes, cut into different shapes and sizes
- 100 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 75 gm shanklish (see note) (½ ball)
- 2 tbsp (loosely packed) tarragon
- 1Combine tomatoes, oil and garlic in a bowl, season with salt, then arrange on a serving dish. Crumble shanklish evenly over the top, scatter with tarragon and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsWhere to eat, sleep and visit in Melbourne right nowYesterday 8:00pm