Bitter leaves, sweet pomegranate and salty Manchego are the perfect foil for gently pan-fried marinated artichokes.
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 long-stemmed marinated artichokes, halved lengthways
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 180 gm kale leaves, torn, stems discarded
- 120 gm cavolo nero, torn, stems discarded
- 60 ml (¼ cup) sherry vinegar
- Arils from 1 pomegranate
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- 1 head radicchio, leaves separated and torn
- Finely grated Manchego, to serve
- 1Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add artichokes and cook, turning, until golden (2 minutes each side). Add garlic and cook, stirring continuously, until fragrant (30 seconds). Remove from pan and keep warm.
- 2Add remaining oil to pan and increase heat to high. Add kale and cavolo nero, and cook, tossing, until warm and wilted (2-3 minutes). Return artichokes to pan.
- 3Place vinegar, pomegranate, onion and tarragon in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- 4Place cavolo nero mixture and radicchio on a plate. Spoon over dressing and sprinkle with Manchego to serve.