- 3 cups loosely packed young flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup pitted green picholine olives (see note)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 24 (about 960gm) scallops with roe
- 1Wash and dry parsley leaves and set aside. Using a sharp knife, peel and segment lemon, then break segments into small pieces and combine with olives and parsley in a large bowl, and dress with olive oil.
- 2Brush scallops with a little olive oil, and season with sea salt and freshly ground white pepper. Cook scallops on a hot char-grill or barbecue for 30 seconds each side. Be careful not to overcook.
- 3Arrange parsley salad on individual plates or on a platter and place the scallops on top. Serve immediately.
Note Picholine olives are small green or black French olives with a firm bite and herbaceous character. They are available from selected delicatessens.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am