- 500 gm okra
- 1 tsp each ground cumin and ground coriander
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 beef rib-eye (about 400 gm each), at room temperature
Chilli and herb sauce
- 2 jalapeño chillies in vinegar, drained, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 bunch each flat-leaf parsley and coriander, leaves picked
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion bulb, finely chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- 2 limes, juice only
- 1Preheat oven to 250C. Combine okra, spices and half the olive oil in a roasting tray. Season to taste, toss to coat, spread in a single layer and roast until golden and tender (10-15 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over high heat. Brush beef with remaining oil and season to taste, then cook, turning once, until medium rare (3-5 minutes each side). Set aside and keep warm.
- 3For chilli and herb sauce, process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Serve with rib-eye and okra.