"Pairing summer berries with goat's curd makes for a different take on strawberries and cream," says Pilu. "The addition of balsamic makes the perfect salty sweet combination."
- 200 gm caster sugar
- 100 ml balsamic vinegar
- 6 star anise
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 2 bay leaves
- 250 gm raspberries
- 250 gm blueberries
- 500 gm strawberries
- 500 gm organic goat's curd
- 130 gm icing sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1Add sugar and vinegar to a saucepan over low heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Add spices and bay leaves and heat until flavours develop (2-3 minutes). Stir in berries, then set aside to cool.
- 2For goat's curd, whisk ingredients in a bowl to combine.
- 3To serve, add 2 tbsp berry mixture, then 1 tbsp curd in glasses in alternate layers, finishing with a layer of berry mixture.