A winning dish that brings classic flavours and simple comforts together in a single bowl.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 200 gm fresh chorizo, casings removed, crumbled
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 large calamari (500 gm), cleaned and hood thickly sliced into rounds (reserve tentacles for another use)
- 20 ml sherry (optional)
- 800 gm canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp finely chopped marjoram and flat-leaf parsley
- 1Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat, add chorizo and crush with the back of a fork, then add garlic and paprika, and cook until chorizo is crisp and oil is coloured red (3 minutes). Remove chorizo with a slotted spoon.
- 2Return pan to high heat, add calamari and cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through (2-3 minutes). Add sherry and stir until reduced (20 seconds), then return chorizo to pan with beans, marjoram and 60ml water. Cook, stirring, until combined and beans are warmed through (1-2 minutes). Transfer to a platter, scatter with herbs and serve immediately.