- 400 gm dried spelt spaghetti
- 500 gm broccoli (about 1 large head), thick stalks discarded, florets finely chopped
- 90 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Finely grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
- 50 gm parmesan, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- ½ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50 gm coarse fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
- 2 prosciutto slices, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente (6-8 minutes), add broccoli, drain (reserve 40ml pasta water) and return pasta, broccoli and reserved pasta water to pan.
- 2Meanwhile, for prosciutto crumbs, heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumbs and prosciutto, stir occasionally until crumbs are golden and crisp (3-4 minutes), then stir in garlic, season to taste and set aside.
- 3Heat oil in a separate frying pan over medium-high heat, add garlic and lemon rind, cook until fragrant (30 seconds), then add to broccoli mixture with lemon juice, parmesan and parsley, and toss to combine. Serve hot with prosciutto crumbs and extra parmesan.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsThe best places to visit in Queenstown, New ZealandYesterday 2:30am