- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 kg carrots, coarsely grated (about 8)
- 1 litre chicken stock (4 cups)
- 90 gm honey (¼ cup)
- to serve toasted pide
- to serve thick natural yoghurt
- 140 gm hazelnuts, roasted (1 cup)
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds, roasted
- 1 tbsp each of cumin seeds and fennel seeds, roasted
- 150 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Heat olive oil in a heavy based saucepan over medium-high heat, add onion, garlic and coriander, and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add carrots, stock and honey and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover, bring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes or until carrots are tender. Using a stick blender or food processor, process carrot mixture until smooth. Return to medium heat and bring just to the boil.
- 2To make hazelnut dukkah, process ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped, season to taste and spread over warm toasted pide. Serve carrot soup drizzled with dukkah and yoghurt with pide to the side.