- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 dried chorizo, finely chopped
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1.2 kg clams, soaked in cold water for 15 minutes
- 300 ml cider
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- To serve: crusty bread
- 1Heat oil in a large casserole over medium-high heat, add onion and garlic and sauté until soft and starting to colour (5-7 minutes). Add chorizo, stir occasionally until coloured (3-5 minutes), then add tomato and cook until slightly thickened (3-5 minutes). Add vinegar and stir to combine. Drain clams, rinse well, add to casserole, add cider, cover and cook, shaking pan occasionally until all clams open (3-5 minutes). Stir through parsley, season to taste and serve hot with crusty bread.
This recipe is from the October 2009 issue of .