- 4 duck breasts (about 250gm each), skin scored
- 24 baby carrots (about 2 bunches), trimmed and peeled
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 40 ml Grand Marnier
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 oranges, peeled and thickly sliced horizontally
- To serve: watercress sprigs
- 1Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Season duck breasts liberally with sea salt, place skin-side down in pan and cook until skin is golden and crisp (5-7 minutes), turn, add carrots and cook until duck is cooked through and carrots are golden (5-7 minutes). Remove duck and carrots, cover with foil and keep warm.
- 2Add stock, Grand Marnier, vinegar and honey to pan, bring to the boil and cook until reduced by half (3-5 minutes), add orange slices, cook until heated through (1 minute) and season to taste. Serve duck and carrots with orange sauce and watercress sprigs.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm