- 400 gm dried fettuccine
- 60 ml olive oil (¼ cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 12 Brussels sprouts, halved, leaves separated
- To serve: finely grated pecorino and parmesan
- For drizzling: extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente (10-12 minutes). Drain (reserve a little pasta water), return pasta to pan, set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add garlic and Brussels sprouts, stir occasionally until starting to turn golden (1-2 minutes). Add reserved pasta water, cook until sprouts are wilted (1-2 minutes). Add to pasta, toss to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper, top with cheeses, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and serve.
This recipe is from the August 2010 issue of .
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- ExplainersHow to make fresh pasta (it's easier than you think)Yesterday 3:00am