- 300 gm small green lentils (1½ cups)
- 2 bunches of asparagus, trimmed, halved and blanched
- 100 gm baby spinach leaves
- 70 gm caperberries (½ cup)
- 95 gm large green olives, cheeks removed and pits discarded (½ cup)
- 2 golden shallots, thinly sliced
- 100 gm soft marinated feta, crumbled (oil reserved for dressing)
- To serve: sourdough toast (optional)
- 125 ml red wine vinegar (½ cup)
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1Place lentils in a saucepan of cold water, bring to the boil, cook for 15 minutes or until tender, then drain well and place in a bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, for thyme dressing, whisk ingredients and ½ cup reserved oil in a bowl to combine, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then pour over lentils.
- 3Add asparagus, baby spinach, caperberries, olives and shallots, toss gently to combine, spoon into bowls, scatter with feta and serve with sourdough toast to the side, if desired.