- 300 gm small green lentils (1½ cups)
- 2 bunches of asparagus, trimmed, halved and blanched
- 100 gm baby spinach leaves
- 70 gm caperberries (½ cup)
- 95 gm large green olives, cheeks removed and pits discarded (½ cup)
- 2 golden shallots, thinly sliced
- 100 gm soft marinated feta, crumbled (oil reserved for dressing)
- 125 ml red wine vinegar (½ cup)
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1Place lentils in a saucepan of cold water, bring to the boil, cook for 15 minutes or until tender, then drain well and place in a bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, for thyme dressing, whisk ingredients and ½ cup reserved oil in a bowl to combine, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then pour over lentils.
- 3Add asparagus, baby spinach, caperberries, olives and shallots, toss gently to combine, spoon into bowls, scatter with feta and serve with sourdough toast to the side, if desired.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am