In this dish, the classic combination of lamb with potatoes gets a zesty, mint kick with the addition of salsa alla menta.
- 2 Desiree potatoes, sliced
- 12 lamb loin chops
- 50 ml olive oil
Salsa alla menta
- 1½ cups (firmly packed) mint, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 50 gm sourdough bread, crusts removed
- 100 ml olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C. Add potato to a saucepan of cold water, bring to the boil and cook until just tender (5-10 minutes). Drain.
- 2For salsa alla menta, blend ingredients in a blender until smooth and season to taste.
- 3Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Season lamb chops to taste, add to pan and fry, turning once, until golden brown but still pink in the centre (3-4 minutes each side; fry in batches if there's not enough space). Transfer to an oven tray and keep warm in oven.
- 4Add potatoes to pan and fry, turning occasionally, until light golden (2-4 minutes). Serve potatoes and lamb topped with salsa alla menta and mint.