- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 190 gm small pine mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 10 eggs
- 2 tbsp each finely grated pecorino and parmesan
- 100 gm Taleggio, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- To serve: leaf salad (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Preheat grill over high heat. Heat oil in a 22cm-diameter cast-iron or non-stick deep-sided frying pan over high heat. Add pine mushrooms and garlic, sauté until tender (3-5 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, whisk eggs, pecorino and parmesan in a bowl until combined, season to taste, then add to pan. Stir briefly until starting to set on the base, dot with Taleggio, scatter with thyme and transfer to oven. Bake until almost puffed and golden (6-8 minutes), then grill until puffed and golden (3-5 minutes). Remove from pan and serve with a leaf salad.
This recipe is from the May 2010 issue of .
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am