This makes a fantastic snack with a few beers. It's important to use fresh spices, because they play a key role in this dish.
- 100 ml olive oil
- 500 gm okra, halved lengthways
- To serve: lemon wedges
- 2 tsp each fennel seeds and cumin seeds
- 1 tsp each black mustard seeds and nigella seeds
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1For panch phora, dry-roast all spices in a small frying pan until fragrant (1-2 minutes), then set aside.
- 2Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add half the okra and half the panch phora and fry, tossing occasionally, until okra is golden (4-6 minutes; be careful not
to burn the spices). Season generously, transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil, okra and panch phora. Serve warm with lemon wedges.