- 6 thick slices sourdough bread
- 140 ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 40 ml sherry vinegar
- ½ Spanish onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 250 gm (about 1 punnet) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 baby truss Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ¾ cup each (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley, mint and basil
- 20 medium green prawns, peeled, cleaned, tails intact
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind and juice only
- 1Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Brush both sides of bread with olive oil and cook in batches, turning once, until golden on both sides (2-3 minutes). Rub each slice with cut-side of garlic, season to taste and set aside.
- 2Combine 100ml olive oil, vinegar, onion and tomatoes in a bowl and season to taste. Coarsely tear toast, add to tomato mixture and toss to combine. Just before serving, add herbs and toss lightly.
- 3Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add prawns and cook, turning once, until golden (1-2 minutes). Toss through lemon rind and juice and serve immediately with bread and tomato salad.