- 4 small free-range chicken marylands, skin on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 80 gm sultanas (½ cup)
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced widthways, reserving leaves
- 125 ml sherry vinegar (½ cup)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 40 gm unblanched almonds, roasted and coarsely chopped (¼ cup)
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Season chicken with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan (which will fit chicken snugly) over medium-high heat and cook chicken skin-side down for 5 minutes or until golden, turn and scatter with sultanas, celery and leaves. Add vinegar and honey and season to taste. Bring to the boil, basting chicken, then roast for 20 minutes, basting occasionally, or until chicken is cooked through.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a chargrill pan over high heat, brush asparagus and spring onion with remaining olive oil and season to taste. Cook vegetables for 3-5 minutes each side or until golden and tender.
- 3Serve chicken and sauce with chargrilled vegetables and scatter with almonds.