- 250 ml verjuice or dry white wine (1 cup)
- 2 stalks of dill, leaves picked and coarsely chopped, stalks reserved
- ¼ tsp black peppercorns
- 4 200gm pieces of ocean trout fillet, skin on, pin-boned
- 3 bunches of asparagus, trimmed
- cayenne pepper, To garnish
Cucumber and yoghurt salad
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthways and thinly sliced diagonally
- 70 gm natural yoghurt (¼ cup)
- cayenne pepper, For seasoning
- 1In a fish kettle or deep frying pan combine verjuice, dill stalks, shallot, peppercorns and 3 cups water, cover and bring to the boil. Add trout, cover, remove from heat, and stand for 5 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking.
- 2Meanwhile, blanch asparagus in boiling salted water for 3 minutes or until tender, then drain.
- 3For cucumber and yoghurt salad, combine cucumber and yoghurt, toss gently and season to taste with sea salt and cayenne pepper.
- 4Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove trout from stock (see note) and serve with cucumber and yoghurt salad and asparagus, scattered with cayenne pepper.