- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500 gm pork and fennel sausages, skins removed
- 1 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1-2 small red chillies, thinly sliced
- 50 gm (2 tbsp) tomato paste
- 125 ml (½ cup) dry red wine
- 320 gm penne
- 50 gm rocket leaves
- To serve: finely grated pecorino
- 1Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, add sausage and cook over high heat, breaking up the sausage with the back of a spoon, until brown (3 minutes). Add onion, garlic and chilli and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is soft (3-5 minutes). Add tomato paste, stir to combine, then add wine and cook until evaporated (3-4 minutes). Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Meanwhile, cook penne in boiling salted water until al dente, drain, add to sausage mixture with rocket, season to taste, and toss to combine. Serve scattered with pecorino.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsWhere to eat, sleep and visit in Melbourne right nowYesterday 8:00pm