- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500 gm pork and fennel sausages, skins removed
- 1 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1-2 small red chillies, thinly sliced
- 50 gm (2 tbsp) tomato paste
- 125 ml (½ cup) dry red wine
- 320 gm penne
- 50 gm rocket leaves
- To serve: finely grated pecorino
- 1Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, add sausage and cook over high heat, breaking up the sausage with the back of a spoon, until brown (3 minutes). Add onion, garlic and chilli and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is soft (3-5 minutes). Add tomato paste, stir to combine, then add wine and cook until evaporated (3-4 minutes). Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Meanwhile, cook penne in boiling salted water until al dente, drain, add to sausage mixture with rocket, season to taste, and toss to combine. Serve scattered with pecorino.