- 320 gm soba noodles
- 2 tbsp sesame oil, plus extra to serve
- 4 150gm pieces of yellowfin tuna
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 125 ml tamari or soy sauce (½ cup)
- 60 ml mirin (¼ cup)
- 90 gm pickled ginger (½ cup)
- ¼ cup finely shredded nori
- 1Cook soba noodles in boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until tender (or according to packet instructions), drain, place in a large bowl and drizzle with half the sesame oil, and toss to combine.
- 2Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat, cook tuna for 1 minute each side or until just browned, then thinly slice.
- 3Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat, add sesame seeds and cook for 30 seconds or until they start to pop, add tamari and mirin and cook for 1 minute or until reduced by a third. Remove from heat, add noodles, tuna, pickled ginger and nori and toss gently to combine. Drizzle with oil and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am