- 8 Jerusalem artichokes, quartered lengthways
- 3 parsnips, cut into 2cm-thick lengths
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil (80 ml)
- 4 200gm fillet steaks
- 8 small red witlof, sliced lengthways
- 60 ml balsamic vinegar (¼ cup)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp freshly grated horseradish
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 200 ml olive oil
- 1For horseradish mayonnaise, pulse egg yolks, horseradish and lemon juice in a food processor until combined then, with motor running, add olive oil in a thin stream until emulsified and thick. Season to taste. Makes 1 cup.
- 2Cook Jerusalem artichokes and parsnips in boiling salted water until tender. Drain. Heat ¼ cup olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add vegetables and sauté for 10 minutes or until golden, season to taste.
- 3Heat remaining olive oil in a separate frying pan over high heat and cook steaks for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to plate, cover loosely with foil, keep warm. Add witlof to pan, wilt slightly and deglaze with balsamic vinegar, season to taste. Serve steaks with Jerusalem artichokes and parsnips, witlof and horseradish mayonnaise to the side.