- 1 litre chicken stock
- 12 pencil leeks, cut into 3cm lengths
- 2 bunches of baby carrots, trimmed
- 500 gm broad beans, podded
- 200 gm green garlic sprouts, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1/3 cup firmly packed mint leaves
- 900 gm veal fillet, trimmed and cut into 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1Place stock in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add leeks and carrots and cook for 8 minutes, then add broad beans and garlic sprouts and cook for another 5 minutes or until broad beans are just cooked through. Add mint leaves and remove from heat.
- 2Season veal to taste. Heat oil in a large frying pan, add veal and cook over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side for medium rare or until cooked to your liking.
- 3Divide vegetables and a little cooking liquid among 4 shallow bowls, season to taste, then top with veal and serve immediately.
Drink Suggestion: Barrel-fermented chardonnay with ripe aromatic fruit from the Adelaide Hills.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am