Using frozen fruit in this cheat's granita means you don't have to wait for hours for it to freeze. Berries, mango or pineapple all work well this method; freeze your own when you have excess to use up, or use frozen fruit from the shops.
- 300 gm cherries, pitted and halved, plus extra whole cherries to serve
- 1 tbsp pure icing sugar
- 1 tsp rosewater, or to taste
- 200 gm labne or Greek-style yoghurt
- 1.2 kg seedless watermelon, rind removed and cut into wedges
- Edible flowers (optional), to serve
Cheat’s cherry granita
- 300 gm frozen cherries
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1For cheat's cherry granita, process ingredients in a food processor, scraping down sides occasionally, until smooth (1-2 minutes). Transfer to a container and freeze.
- 2Combine cherries, icing sugar and rosewater in a bowl. Spread labne on serving plates, top with watermelon, pitted and whole cherries and edible flowers and serve with granita.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesHam and cheese toasties with quick-pickled cucumberYesterday 3:00am